The Bank of Landisburg had its beginning in 1903 when an organizational meeting was held on August 19th. $10,000.00 in capital had been raised by the selling of stock. Many familiar names were among the original stockholders: Sheibley, Jones, Wilson, Bower, Kennedy, Wertz, Dum, Kell, Loy, and Wagner. Stockholders elected directors at that August meeting and on October 19, 1903, the bank opened for business in a building located on the corner of Main & Carlisle Streets that already housed a general store.
In 1905 the directors of the bank decided that the Community of Blain needed a bank. A building was rented, equipment and supplies purchased and the Blain Office opened for business. A lengthy, complicated branch application as required today was unheard of at that time.